Week 3 of UB's college season is in the books as is week 2 in the NFL.
UB GAME BALLS
* WR Naaman Roosevelt- He went to UB wanting to be a QB and finally got to throw a TD pass as he connected on a beautiful play call of a double reverse pass to TE Jesse Rack.
* TE Jesse Rack- Career highs 5 receptions for 76 yards and two scores.
NFL GAME BALLS
* QB Trent Edwards, Buffalo- Finally went deep and it paid off. A 32 yard score to Lee Evans and a 43 yarder to T.O.
* New York Jets Defense- Held the once mighty New England offense without a touchdown today for the first time since 2006.
* LB Ray Lewis, Baltimore- Lewis stuffed San Diego's Darren Sproles on fourth-and-2 with the Chargers driving for the winning score. Big road win for Baltimore.
* RB Chris Johnson, Tennessee- Scored three times and finished the game with 284 yards from scrimmage. His 91-yard touchdown tied a Titans franchise record set by Sid Blanks in 1964.
PENALTY FLAGS- For the lapses in judgment by today's NFL players.
* QB Kerry Collins, Tennessee- Trailing by 3, Collins fumbled, giving the ball back to the Texans with 1:32 remaining thus allowing Houston to run out the clock.
* QB Tom Brady & the Pats offense- Brady said talk is cheap earlier this week when they were called out by NY's Kerry Rhodes. Apparently, talk is not so cheap Tom, Rhodes and company had you figured out.
* Green Bay Packers- You really followed up an impressive win over Chicago last week with a loss to the Bungles? The Packers recovered their onside kick with 45 seconds remaining in the game. Five plays later they were at the Bengals' 10-yard line with a first down. But time had expired by the time Green Bay got to the line of scrimmage.